Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Cornflakes Chocolate Chips Cookies


Today is my last day at work before the Christmas holdiays begin. This means it's my last chance to give my co-workers their presents. Money is tight for me because I had spent too much money eating out in fancy restaurants (spent $80 for lunch just yesterday in Ivy in Beverly Hills and the food wasn't really that good) and buying cook books. In a desperation to save money, I found this cookie recipe on the internet and baked several dozens last night without much effort, packed them in boxes and just gave each of my fellow co-workers a box. They love them and are eating them at this moment with coffee. I'm relieved the Christmas gifting ordeal is officially over for this year. I don't cook much and am not good at cooking. So when I looked for cookie recipes, they have to be easy enough for me to do, and yet unique and special enough for me to make an effort to bake them at home. (or why bother, cause I can always buy the same old cookies from Costco) These cookies are just perfect cause I had never had chocolate chips cookies like these before, they have this special and flavorful crunch which makes the cookies more fun to chew on and a lot more tasty than the usual classics baked by everybody else.

3 comments:

  1. Great gift! Your cookies sound delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are actually melt in the mouth delicous. Thanks for your compliment, Karine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, all my coworkers love them and they didn't seem to have enough. I love the recipe!

    ReplyDelete